5 Concepts That Will Convert Your Landing Page Into an Online Sales Machine!
Are you interested in improving the conversion rate on your landing pages? Do you dream about how to increase online sales? If so, you’ve come to the right place. To help you answer your questions and generate more money online, we’ve created a five-step guide on how to increase online sales. In this post, you’ll get an overview of everything from webpage design to copywriting to A/B testing. As we walk you through five key concepts that will help you improve your website conversion rate and grow your online business, you’ll be able to explore each section and discover which on-page elements are crucial in the sales process and how you can tweak them to enhance your online sales results. By the end of this article, you’ll have a pocket full of useful tips that will bring you closer to building your website into the sales machine you’ve always dreamed of.As you go through our guide and discover helpful tips, be sure to click through to each article to get the full story. We wouldn’t want you to miss out on anything special! Here we go.
5 Key Concepts That Will Increase Online Sales
Article #1: Focusing Your Customers’ Attention
All highly converting webpages have one thing in common. They give the user exactly what they’re looking for. In order to do so, you need to control your reader’s attention and guide them through your sales page effectively. Below are a few design tips that will keep your content clean and your visitor’s attention focused:
- Identify the first thing you want the visitor to see. Ensure this element commands visitors’ attention right away.
- Use white space to make your content easier to scan.
- Try a single column design. This technique is a great way to reduce clutter and focus the visitor’s eye on a narrow range of content.
- Use content chunking to divide your page up into smaller sections so it’s easier for people to digest quickly.
- Keep your webpage dead simple! The more things you cram the page, the more distraction you’re adding. More distractions = less click through on your calls-to-action.
Article #2: Writing Effective Headlines and Sales Copy
Your headline and tagline are your first chance to catch the reader’s attention and convey your unique selling proposition (USP). There are two great ways to write effective headlines: 1. Make a very clear statement about what your product is and who it’s for 2. Seduce your visitor into reading more by striking curiosity into them or using humour. Once you choose your headline strategy, you’ll have to come up with a list of headlines to test on your landing page. Headline Brainstorming Strategies
- The Benefit Headline – Focuses on the user benefit above all else
- The Loss Aversion Headline – Highlights the user’s pain points
- The Question Headline – Draws the reader in by speaking to their curiosity
Each one of these headline techniques has its own pros and cons (see the article for more details). The most effective headline will always depend on what you’re selling and who your audience is.
When someone lands on your page, they are trying to find out one thing: Will this product help solve my problem? Below are 4 tips to help you answer this question quickly while holding the visitor’s attention:
- Showcase why someone should choose you over your competitors. Cut the fluff – be concise.
- Have a personality. Try using humour.
- Save the reader time: Say it quickly, say it simply.
- Frame your message in terms of customer benefits.
Your sales copy can make or break your landing page’s success. If your sales pitch does not directly address what your visitor’s want to know, you’ll have a poor conversion rate. Whenever possible, try to get user feedback to constantly improve your copywriting.
Implementing social proof on your landing page is all about building trust with your audience. You need to prove that your product has made other people’s lives better. Leverage your customers’ best experiences and see if you can get them to share some kind words about you. After all, who is better to trust then someone with real experience with your product? Here are 7 ways to build trust with your audience via social proof:
- Video Testimonials
- Written Testimonials
- Display Client Logos
- Showcase Product Ratings & Reviews
- Third Party Badges & Awards
- Customer Counters
- Case Studies
Your call-to-action is the main goal of your sales page. Regardless of what your CTA is, you want it to be extremely prominent on your page so that your visitors’ eyes are drawn to it. If customers don’t complete your call to action, you have failed your sales mission.
7 Techniques to increase the conversion rate on your CTA’s:
- Use a colour that stands out
- Repeat your CTA multiple times
- If your CTA is a submission form, keep it short
- Use benefit centric text for your CTA – i.e. “Get your eBook now”
- Reduce doubt by using supportive text – i.e. “Full money back guarantee on all purchases”
- Try using a limited time offer. When you introduce scarcity, people feel more pressure to make a decision.
- Use a secondary call-to-action. Including links to pages like “learn more” or “find out more” is a great way to provide quick access to additional information.
Step #5: Testing your Landing Page
Once you’ve got your website together and set up your landing pages, you need to conduct some tests to see if your webpages are performing up to standards. There will always be a way to improve your conversion rate. If you neglect this step, you’ll be leaving money on the table.
Get a friend—someone who is unfamiliar with your website—to look over your webpage for 15-30 seconds and answer the following questions:
- What is the product?
- Who is the product for?
- Why should someone care about purchasing the product (what are the main benefits)?
- What do you want me to do (what is the call to action)?
If your test subjects were successful, great! If not, you need to get back to work. Reiterate your design and messaging until you can accurately convey the above four points within the brief timeframe.
8 things you can test on your sales page to improve your conversion rate:
- Alter the colour and size of your call to action buttons
- Add a video that pitches your product
- Have your CTA button float down with the page as visitors scroll
- Try various Free trial VS money back guarantee
- Try short form VS long form sales pages
- Change the angle of your sales pitch
- Rearrange the order of the page elements
- Create multiple headlines
The online sales process is much different than that of the traditional business meeting or in-store sales visit. In the online world, there is no verbal communication or face-to-face interaction between the vendor and consumer. Instead, there is just a website—a single online entity with no personality. As a business owner, manager or marketer your job is to ensure that your website can effectively sell to incoming prospects. This means your web pages must convert customers at a profitable rate. Your homepage and sales pages need to deliver on the following four points without a hiccup:
- Clearly convey your value proposition
- Effectively showcase your product
- Build trust in your offering
- Convince customers to take action (i.e. purchasing your product)
At Guaranteed SEO, we know that online marketing can be overwhelming so we’re happy to help at any time. If you’d like some assistance improving the traffic to your website or increasing your conversion rate, give us a call at 1-866-588-8282 or fill in our request form and we will be happy to help you.